50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, December 9, 2013

Week....I have no clue now

Ya I'm not even keeping track anymore its going too fast! This week wasn't to exciting. We got to help with this Nativity thing at the Bremerton Stake Center where we got to basically walk around and answer people's questions as they walked around and looked at all these nativities and pictures of Christ. At the end of our shift we helped out a group from the senior home and I push around this lady in a wheel chair and she would just stare at the same nativities for 10 min and it was kinda awkward at first but then I got to actually look at the details of the nativity scenes and stuff and it was nice to be able to kinda chill and listen to the Christmas music playing in the background it was really nice haha.

This week was also one that taught me about patience in your obedience. so the beginning of the week no body was letting us in during our 5-7's (we knock doors from 5-7 every day here) and we saw a thermometer that said 17 degrees! and we didn't really wanna do it anymore (the 5-7's. but we knew that we had to or there was no way we were gonna get any more investigators. Anyway Friday night we were doing our knocking thing and someone let us in! they didn't want to learn anything really but they were firm believers in southern hospitality. I was so happy to feel that again and she just adored us for our work and made us hot chocolate and her son actually had questions for us about plural marriage (like always) and he loved the church's emphasis on emergency preparedness. We are actually coming back on Thursday to help them move in the rest of their stuff! So we'll see how that goes! and then we got to finally see one of our Golden family Just super busy and got to get a return appointment! then on Saturday we taught our 4 most promising investigators with members present(very important) and they all went really well! On Sunday, our Portuguese investigator (ya we found one!!) got to come to church and we gave her a church tour AND taught the first lesson in Portuguese/English and she seemed to agree with all of it and seems to be VERY promising!

That's about all that went down this week haha. I wont find out about where I'll be for Christmas till Saturday. I'm really torn though not sure if I'd rather stay here or go to Brasil for it haha a really Weird felling! I'll let you know next week I guess!

Amo Voces!
Elder Sharp





 Nativity made out of newspaper



No comments:

Post a Comment