50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, December 30, 2013

Last Week in America!!

This week was really interesting with Christmas and not being able to Proselyte regularly.  It seemed like a not very productive week, but as we looked at it as a whole I see that we actually got a lot done! We taught this one Family who the mom has decided I'm her favorite (which stinks since I'm leaving this week) but they're a very ready family who's been really accepting of the gospel and told that God sent us to help her and her family. I really hope she gets baptized but her and her cousin are on leave for a couple more days, and they said their schedule will be crazy after that.  That's the only thing I see getting in the way of them getting baptized.

We also got another girl on date this week for the 18th of January (to get baptized) She actually seems interested and it's awesome for my companions, kinda sad I'm leaving here just when everything starts to come together and people start accepting us, but I know that God has a purpose for me in Brazil. I'm grateful that I got my visa now when I haven't lost too much of the language. There's actually a Sister missionary here that's been waiting for 9 months!

That's all I got for this week! I love it here in Washington, but I'm super Siked to go to a whole different country.  It'll be an adventure for sure!

Amo Voces!!
Elder Sharp

Letter to Mom: 
Ya it was nice to here from you too! And it's ok that you can't make it to Charlotte, NC...  I think I might've ran if I saw y'all ;)  That's awesome about feeling like home with Dad (I told him I found a plaque that said "Home is wherever I'm with you" and gave it to Don for Christmas) - I'll definitely look for that in my wife for sure. Your question about Why you are going through this and asking for understanding makes me think of a scripture **Mosiah 23:21-- when I read it I see that these people were really righteous and God was like, "Hmm -- that's good... now let's see how you follow me with trials." I know that Heavenly father will never give you more than you can handle, and it's a comfort for me to know that - especially since I'm leaving the only country I've known.  Haha... It tells me that I can do this!
Love you,
Elder Sharp

** 21 Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment