50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, December 23, 2013

Letter to Family 12-18-2013

Dear Family,
This week has been one crazy one!  We met a lot of crazy people and have been blessed not to run into any bashers.  On Saturday we met 2 drunk people and one saw that we were missionaries.  She wrapped her arm around my neck and was like "I'm 64 and can't walk!" (in a drunk voice).  it was kinda cool she knew we'd help her, but man beer smells BAD!!  I don't understand why you'd drink it!!  I had to scrub my jacket that night to get the smell from her jacket having it on her.  the other guy was too drunk to see anything and couldn't even figure out where he was.  Really funny to watch.  So moral of the story - DON'T DRINK!

Anyway, this week was very good.  BUT, I'm getting transferred ... Man I'm gonna miss Manette!  Things are just starting to pick up, but God saw I'm needed in Lacey, so I'll go.  ha ha.  I'm packing too!  I've realized something  - again!  I HATE PACKING!!  I hope me and my wife never move!  I'll stop complaining, sorry!

Anyway, this week we had exchanges since my companion is DL (district leader).  We were out proselyting and decided to go to the Sound.  I passed by a guy we had knocked into a while ago who wasn't really interested, but then he said, as we passed him, "Hey!  I'm interested in your church!"  I was like, "Oh! Uh, ok..." (I've never heard that before.  I didn't know how to respond!)  Then I said, "Oh well, when do  you want to learn?"  He was like, "Anytime is fine."  So I was like, "Okay.  Well what if I get your number and I can call you and set something up with you for tomorrow?"  He said, "Ok." and we went on our way because the guy I was with wanted to take pictures and I was gonna set up some appointments from there, but no one answered.  We tried some potentials who seemed interested when we knocked on their door earlier.  No one answered, so we were in the area where Michael was (The guy I was talking about earlier). We decided to see if he was home yet and teach a lesson real quick.  We went down to his house (crazy I remembered it!) and we taught the first lesson (Restoration).  He already had a lot of the same beliefs as the church, and he immediately accepted that the Book of Mormon was the word of God!  We challenged him to read the Book of Mormon and pray AND that when he receives that answer, will he be baptized?  He said "Yes!"  It's the first time I actually was there for the challenge to be baptized.  It was so powerful!

Then that night me and Elder Lowe were teaching this couple who aren't married [yet ;)]  and they totally accepted the Plan of Salvation.  Elder Lowe looked at me and kind of signaled to extend the challenge, and I did!  It was so crazy!  I was like "Ahhhh!" (Opera angels).  Anyway, I asked them if they would get on that path towards eternal life and be baptized and they said, "YES!!!"  Then I got transferred!!  Ha Ha!  Heavenly Father is a funny guy.  Anyway, I c an say I left here with a bang and I'm at peace here.  I going to give Elder Lowe a tie.  He was a good trainer [most of the time ;)]

Well, that is all I really have to say.
Amo Vocês !
Elder Sharp

Psalms 18:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment