50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Baptism and New Area!

YUP Guilherme called me and read it (his mission call) to me!!! It was really cool! I felt like I was helping a little brother or something, and he's finally going on a mission! 

And weeeeelllllll I'm not really suppose to know yet but I guess president trusts me because he's already told me about where I'm going (Campo de Fora) and also that I'm going to be helping a missionary that has a reputation in the mission for being difficult to be around. So I'm off to have another great challenge AND find the rest of those families I asked for. I'm pretty excited!! It's really gonna be good to have something to occupy my mind so that I can avoid getting trunky and help a missionary!

This past week we had 2 people baptized! Laudinei and Tiele! They were so excited for their baptism. Laudinei had chosen me to baptize her! After she came out of the water she just covered her face and cried from the happiness she felt for finally being able to follow our Savior better than she was before! The rest of the family should be baptized next week! It was so cool - the older son of Laudinei (Ederson) came up to be and gave me a hand shake and said "Thanks!" He needs to be married, but he's ready for baptism.  He doesn't work on Sundays!!!!! 

I really cant think of much else.  Yesterday Ana Julha asked me to be the one to baptize her, but I'm leaving tomorrow and we are no longer allowed to come back to our old areas to see baptisms.....which is really sad because she really doesn't a great life but is wanting to change!! But rule are made, and I gotta keep them to get the blessings of God!

I LOVE Y'ALL even more than before since I only have one hour and a half to think about you a week! 
Thanks for the support!
Elder Sharp

Baptism for Laudinei and Tiele.   

PIZZA de Bacon!!


Elder Bitnoff from Rio de Janeiro mission

Ana Julha 

King Kong!  Ya... it's P-Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment