50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Semana de Comprometimento

This week was an interesting week. We had found a lot of people but only had 2 in church on Sunday!  And they kinda left with that deer in the head lamp look, but I'll talk about them later. 

On Sunday, I had decided to do something that I should've done probably a lot sooner but oh well já passou. I've decided to do something to change how I've been and made a promise with Heavenly Father and in return I asked him for a big miracle! So as I try my hardest to to not think of my família (or things about after the mission) for the rest of my mission and in return I want FAMILIES! I really feel like this'll work! So if I seem a bit weird in future emails that's why! I started this week and yesterday we already found many people para ajudar, and one of them is a couple! Woohoo! Man it's been hard though haha... I didn't realize I had been talking about ya´ll so much! It's been really nice, though, cause it's helped me focus more!

Well the last time I wrote, it was kinda at the end of the week but any so we had 2 people at church this week and when they left they they had that "deer in the headlight" look. which made us kind of worried. But they loved the church.  One of them is 13 (Ana Julia) and another is 26 (Raissa). We talked to Raissa yesterday, and she's really hopeful about the gospel! She has a husband that has a few problems with addictions, and she really wants him to stop because he's in a mood where he's not very sociable and doesn't talk to his mom. So we're really wanting to teach him.  We'll be trying to tomorrow because he won't have to teach his class tomorrow. I know this gospel will help him... he's just gotta hear it!

Love y'all!
Thanks!!
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment