50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, July 6, 2015

New Area

Sounds like fun!! Glad to hear it was all fun for ya'll at Chattanooga its a cool thing to travel for July 4th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM, by the way (I hadn't forgotten).  Sounds like it'll be fun!

My week went great! It was for sure a challenge. And I know why I was called to help this Elder and sadly lost a little focus this week. ARGG but we asked our bishop where he thinks we should work where there are families for us to baptize, and oh ya my comp suddenly remembers that we needed to be working in a different part that bishop had already indicated-_- but it's ok.  We're going to be doing great this week! We don't have anyone to teach yet, but on Thursday I had to go to a meeting for District Leaders argh again haha, and so I went with the other District Leader from my zone and on the way back a member called Elder McLaren (other District Leader) and said that we had to come to a Syrian friend of her´s house....So we ran there and we taught them in English....It was actually really good.  There was a spirit there that was so strong that they could feel it. They are Orthodox Christians, and they loved the idea of one true church, and since they grew up near Rome and Jerusalem they knew a lot about Christ and His life.  They walked where He walked and that seemed to help them have a lot of faith,  It was really cool to see!

I love y'all
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment