50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Thursday (6/5/15)

I love that kid (Guilherme)! He really has been a lot of help for me, and apparently I was for him, too! I had really great experience at the temple too!  First it was cool being with Guilherme for the first time.  It reminded me of my first time to the temple... man, that was a great experience!  I loved that it was in Spanish.  It's a cool part of my history, you know? Then there was the part when the mission presidente gave a few lessons to the people going through for the first time (most of them were about to leave for a mission). He told them that it's great that they're going on there first mission and that after this mission there can be more.  I was sitting thinking, "YES! This definitely is the first of many missions!" 

Then, I was sitting in the celestial room, and I wasn't really sure about my choice about not applying for college until I get back since everyone is doing it, and it's something that people say you're suppose to do. Anyway, I was praying asking my Father in Heaven what He thought I should do, and it came to my head,  "You're a missionary for another 4 months.  Just be that.  You'll be fine in the end."  So I thought, "Yes sir!" Now I just want to focus on the work even more than I was before! I have to! There is such little time left and each month that passes is faster than the last! So I need to focus. Which is a real difficulty of mine, but I know that weak things are made strong in the Lord's work, so I´m really pushing harder! Those 5 hours of work I get each day are so precious to me now! 

Its probable that I'll end up dying (missionary lingo) here in the office and that just makes it harder because it's really not fun to end you mission dead here. If it is God´s will, that means I can do it!

So this week we are actually starting to find people to teach, too! We decided to focus in a certain area that Heavenly Father told us to go... and well shocker we´re finding people now and actually families!! It's great!!!

I know it's short today, but I can't think of anything else to write.

Love y'all!
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment