50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, March 30, 2015

Tender Mercies

Cool!  I'm glad you talking to Melissa and Junior.  They didn't go to church again-_- and it's possible that me and Elder Richins will only have another week here, which makes me really sad.  I loved the ward a lot! But God knows best!  It may be good to leave here since here I was with Elder Richins so I didn't really focus to keep on working in the field just helping Elder Richins keep pushing on! So it might be good to have a complete change when we are separated. 

This area and last three transfers have been a changing point in my mission and, well, my life, too! I have learned lots about how to work with members and how to actually understand how my Father in Heaven talks to me! It has been some thing I've been trying to understand these last 18 months...  hearing and following a prompting to save a life or witness a miracle! I feel like here has been where I have felt the Spirit more in my mission. I have seen that I can be an instrument in the Lord's hands and actually help people with their problems. I really hope I wont be going because I really want to help the ward grow, but I'll know for sure tonight if I'm staying or not. It's almost positive that I won't be.  Pres. Dalton took out a companionship and said he'll be sending another here, but to tell Bishop that we will only have 3 companionships for a week, then it'll be back to 2 again.  That probably means that I'm not staying, but it could mean I'll get to go back to the real rural area and help animate a branch! We'll see! 

This week something pretty amazing happened! We were at home planning, and a lady called us and started speaking English...she had a little bit of an accent but it was good and she asked for Elder Sharp (I was like uh-oh what'd I do!!) I responded "Sou eu!" She got real excited and said that she was visiting her mom from here and that she's from Idaho. She had brought 2 things I forgot I had missed....PANCAKES and MAPLE SYRUP both the Aunt Jemima brand! It was so nice and really cool to talk to her.  She had a daughter that was 7, and she didn't speak português, so she liked that we spoke English haha.  It was really cool! We also talked to her about Idaho, and it sounds like a really great place! I might go there!

Also, this week I got to work with a missionary that was really animated for the work.  It was really nice to work with him and well actually work without being worried about my companion! (I know it's selfish, but I'm not immortal yet!) We did a lot of work, and it kind of helped me to feel more confident that I'd be able to get back into the game when me and Elder are separated (since he's going to be better soon).  It was really just a tender mercy for Heavenly Father to show that! 

Those were about the 2 things that were really cool! I did other stuff but I'll tell ya'll more when I get back!;)

Love Y'all!
Have a great conference!
Elder Sharp

A Pancake breakfast in Brazil - Sister from Idaho! 



Bugles!!


Haag Family


Super excited about this sealing!

Us with Irmá Helena and her daughter



Look!  It's Us!


We made lunch!



Somebody goes all out for a birthday party.  It´s Jurassic park themed.
There´s an amusement park set up in the backyard.
This is rich São Paulo. 


Another Transfer ending...

The City!


Dinner with Melissa and Junior



No comments:

Post a Comment