50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, March 2, 2015

Miracles

That's crazy about the snow! It seems like TN is a depression and turned cold because I've been gone so long ;P

Any way this week was great! We had a baptism!!! What a miracle it is to see someone you helped get baptized! I couldn't help but smile hugely when she came out of the water! and then when she was confirmed yesterday, she seemed to become a different person - purer and happier.  It was really interesting to see! But the thing that really makes it all a miracle is I was praying this whole time that even though Elder Richins isn't able to always work, if we could be blessed with at least one baptism this Month (February).  It was the last Sunday of the month, and I was losing hope of baptizing this month and then a member walked up to me with a girl and said "Elder, this is Camila, and she wants to be baptized." I got really excited!  We went to her house on Monday and talked to her.  Turns out she was being taught by the missionaries and her Dad heard a few lies about the Church and said he didn't accept the missionaries anymore in his home. So six months later (or about that), She came to church saying she wanted to be baptized. We recognized it as a sign that this was a miracle from our Heavenly Father and we marked her for the 28 of Feb (Sat.) It was super stressful to teach/re-teach her everything in about 4 days, but we planned well and "skadoosh" baptized!! 

Also this week we went to the Retirement home and we're teaching Maria del Carmen, a lady who had a mental problem (I forgot what) but is não completely sane and we´re teaching her now! She might be baptised this week, but she a little older so she can't learn everything as fast so we'll have to see if we'll post-pone it till next week.  AND there's also a less active lady that is there.  She had Diabetes and lost her leg and her family just kind of left her there at the home and she told us that she wasn't confirmed yet so we might need to help her to be baptized again, too! It was soo cool to see her at church again this week because she hasn't been in church for three years! And the peace and happiness she felt being there it made more great that I can walk to church on my own legs every Sunday!  

Also, the person that owns the house is starting to be interested because he had a really bad break-up and a member there (a worker whose been a huge miracle for us giving us all these references) told him that if he'd keep´the Law of Chasity this heartache and stress wouldn't be happening as badly.and he sees how much we help the spirit in the house feel lighter, so he's getting interested in the gospel, too! 

I love this work! It's so full of miracles every day!!

I love y'all!
Elder Sharp


Our ward had 3 people baptized in all!!


Taking my cold medicine. 


A really small banana call banana de ouro (banana of gold)

for a cool thing our zone did, one member of the companionship slept in the baptism clothes the week of the baptism



No comments:

Post a Comment