50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Wow! What a Week!

Wow! Dustin will serve a great mission! It takes a lot of courage to do that! He certainly is farther along then I was when I had his age! Glad to see that, too! 

I Loved the conference talk about I can teach you step, but I can´t teach you to hear the music. That one really touched home to me! I´ve been able to apply it to all things especially in mission life because there are so many dance steps, and if you don't learn to hear the music it will not be a very rewarding experience or being a member, recent convert, or someone going through challenges.  The music is essential to learn anything worthwhile as a member of this church! But also in other activities in life you gotta find the joy to enjoy it! I'm really wanting to apply that more in my life everyday..... now that I'm thinking about it, I think that was from the priesthood session but it's still really good to read! :)

This week I got to witness a HUGE miracle! 

       So this week first was awesome! I was able to get the perfect inspiration needed to help Elder Richins, then the next 2 days he was just on fire.  He couldn't be stopped! HE was on the bus and invited everyone he could! the Subway? Even more people to invite! It was truly a wonderful sight to see him on fire.  Then, sadly the relapse happened, and it was as if water was thrown onto a fire and it didn´t have a chance! On Saturday, we decided to talk a bit because Heavenly Father had told me he would be better before the end of last transfer... and I KNEW He had told me that, so we talked and we decided to say a prayer.  I won't go into any detail, because it's so special and sacred, and I don´t want it to be publicized -- but I KNOW that Heavenly Father answers prayers! He loves us! He´s patient with us, AND He will heal and help us as we ask for it diligently and wait for His answer patiently! Elder Richins is not 100% quite yet.  He still has low self confidence, but he doesn´t have depression or anxiety anymore! 

I love my Father in Heaven, and I know that if we are moldable in His hands, He will turn us into the man/woman He wants us to be and turn us into an instrument in His work to help those we are blessed to be around! I love this gospel, and I am sad for only having 6 months left doing just His work 24/7. 

Thanks to everyone for your letters, support, love, and prayers! 

I love you all! 
Elder Sharp

PS:  As far as transfers go, one of us will probably be transferred after next week now that he´s doing better. :D President said he'd tell us when he gets an answer from Heavenly Father.

Elder Andrade (from Cape Verde, Africa) and Elder Benitez (from Paraguay) will be taking our place here in Interlagos. We already know and love them both and they are in our group (they came into the mission with us and will leave right around the same time as us)


We did a service project -- Elder Richins put a hole in the wall and I put sand on the roof.....it was helpful, I promise!  :)




Posted by Melissa Santana:
 The Elders are very, very nice to me and my son just love them !!!
They are eating chicken tapioca with cheese, was the mother of junior who made.

No comments:

Post a Comment