50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, March 9, 2015

Another Week!

Ya I love that song, "Scripture Power," too! I hold onto that now that it's (scriptures) what is literally saving me from the temptations of the world! Awesome about going to the temple - have you seen the new temple video yet!? I love it soo much!! And Cool about dad's new calling! I know he love the young men!  

Any way this week was really hard for us.....actually it started good we gave a training on how to baptize weekly (we had people marked for the next few weeks and were having lots of miracles) and it was really great and with Elder Richins it really inspired them! But then we had a lot of opposition....First, sadly Maria del Carmen is two-faced and would be a saint for us but was an impatient swearing lady and then she wouldn´t stop drinking coffee so I talked to her about it.  She showed her true colors and man is she mean! We also found out that she was telling the Owner that we were doing stuff to her.....Luckily we followed the rules and were never alone with her and they have cameras everywhere in the retirement home so we weren´t in any trouble! Whew haha that's why we follow all those mission rules!  

Chris was actually already confirmed so she can´t be baptized again haha soo needless to say the baptisms fell through, But We were able to confirm to Chris that she was confirmed a member and she was so happy to hear that! I loved it! She said "Yay a birthday present for me!" (it's this week) I loved that animation!  Now we´re working towards the goal of getting her to the temple! This was hard and sadly we have almost no one to teach because of the time spent helping Elder Richins, but I have A great feeling that if I try harder and do my best there's gonna be something great here! I can't wait to see it! 

I love y'all!! I can't wait to share my experiences and everything to you guys when I get back! 

Até Logo!
Elder Sharp


Sightseeing at the Autodromo

Celebrating a success!

Service project at a nursing home. He says he found the ax under a pile of clothes. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment