50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, June 30, 2014

World Cup Blues

Hey Mom, so here in Brazil I don't fit in either, but I always think about Jacob 5 that talks about taking a branch and grafting it to another tree, but then the tree was changed and became a great tree with good fruit! That would apply for you, too, at work - haha!   

I´m great here in Reviera Paulista. We´re teaching that family still; they´re really anxious to get married and be baptized! We´re also teaching a Jehovah´s Witness that we´re going try to baptize this Saturday! She gave a bunch their deep doctrine to us! and the family we taught gave their alcohol and coffee to us--  it was a great day for us haha!  We took a pic of it! 

This week we had to stay indoors for two of the days! It's really interesting what we ended up doing after staying in our house for so long.  We started to sing hymns in four different languages (English (me), French, Portuguese, and Spanish) at the same time which was kinda cool. 

This week was great we are helping this ward reactivate members (about 400) or take them off the ward list because they don't want anything to with the church.  I love my companion.  He and I are really great friends, and we´re working great together with the Spirit.  It's really strong when we teach!

That's about all that happened this week.  There are a lot of Snakes (girls or women that want missionaries) here, too.  They always run up to me and say "speak English for me!" or "Wow, Elder Sharp!  Your eyes are so pretty!"  haha really weird!

Love ya´ll!
Elder Sharp

Me and Elder Matos

The View from my house!

Me, Elder Matos and Elder Bravo

Pizza!!

Donetellos! (pizzaria)

Taco bell + Pizza
(We sent him a pkg with a bottle of Taco Bell salsa!)



Our Zone

Alcohol and JW Books

"Vi Um Pilar De Luz.."

No comments:

Post a Comment