50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Free Pizza! ,

Awesome I´m glad Bruno wrote you! He´s really cool and is super anxious to leave for his mission (he has to wait till he´s been a member for a year).  He and I and Elder Matos work a lot together during the week.  To answer your question, "kkkkkk" is "hahahah" because in Portuguese "k" makes a "ka" sound so it is like the laugh of Popeye.  And there is not really anything specific with the thumbs up in pictures - it's just something everyone does because just standing there for a picture is really boring so gotta do something different haha!

I´m loving reading the Book of Mormon with y'all, too! I haven´t read it completely in Portuguese yet, and I´m studying it slowly for my personal study to receive personal revelation and inspiration I need for my Pesquisadors, so it was going that fast, so I can read it with y'all fast and still study for my investigators during personal study.  It works out pretty great! What are some thoughts that you all have received while reading?

That's awesome about the baptisms in Murfreesboro.  The best thing for those membros novos is to be their friend! The missionaries will love this ward if they integrate the members well. Something that President Gordon B. Hinckley said:
“Every new convert needs three things:
  1. “1. 
     A friend in the Church to whom he can constantly turn, who will walk beside him, who will answer his questions, who will understand his problems.
  2. “2. 
     An assignment. Activity is the genius of this Church. It is the process by which we grow. Faith and love for the Lord are like the muscle of my arm. If I use them, they grow stronger. If I put them in a sling, they become weaker. Every convert deserves a responsibility. …
  3. “3. 
     Every convert must be ‘nourished by the good word of God’ (Moro. 6:4). It is imperative that he or she become affiliated with a priesthood quorum or the Relief Society, the Young Women, the Young Men, the Sunday School, or the Primary. He or she must be encouraged to come to sacrament meeting to partake of the sacrament, to renew the covenants made at the time of baptism” (Ensign, May 1999, 108).
And that's so true!  I saw it with a lot of my recent converts - that when they had these three things they stayed active!

This week we had a challenge in our Zone to see who could have better numbers (no, it's not the numbers, but I cant think of better way to describe it).  Each Key-indicator (lessons w/ members, new investigators, etc) had a point value, and it was really great for me and my companion.  We are both a little competitive, and we did a lot of great work.   I turned a lot of my weaknesses into strengths, and because of our work WE WON! So me and my companion we got BIS (chocolate with some other thing I don't know) and the Zone gave us money for Pizza! (Donnetellos, of course).  

We also have a Marriage-tism (baptism with a marriage before) marked in July and another 2 baptisms for next week! I´m super excited because one is a really young family! (I would send a pic, but my comp said this computer already destroyed 2 other USBs so I´ll have to wait till next week) ;/ Sorry! 

So this week was GREAT!  I´m loving it here in Riviera Paulista!
I love Y'all
Elder Sharp

(These were pictures that Bruno took from the District meeting today)



No comments:

Post a Comment