50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, July 7, 2014

This Week

Wow that's awesome about Jessica! God definitely is answering her prayers! I´m glad to hear that ward helped! haha Her tool kit will definitely come in handy! That sounds like a cool 4th of July party. Did Sis. Halladay tell a story? I always remember she was really good at that! I´m glad you didn´t hold me and Jessica back.  I see a lot of members doing that to their non-member relatives....it's really sad because it's always the people who are super ready but then a member does something. There's a Grandma that has been a member for years and she´s doesn´t want her grandchild to get baptized because she only has 16 anos (wasn´t my investigator).  We have an investigator that is a girlfriend of a member and he decided to move in with her.  When she decided she was ready to get baptized, he and her talked that night and they decided that she needs to wait till they´re married because she cant get baptized when they´re living together. It's really frustrating, but we´ll pull through. She´s starting to see what is right! So ya thank you for your support and not being selfish with us! 

And no, it's not really that cold here haha!  It's actually been getting warmer this week- a lot warmer then Embu-Guaçu, but it looks like it´ll start getting cold this week.  There´s so many stairs and hills here that I don't think I´ll need anything to keep me warm.  I have that jacket from Smitty and that will be perfect! It's crazy what pollution does to the weather here...well I thinks its pollution... that what everyone says it is haha.

Oh this week we got to meet our new Mission President - he's from Cali. and he's really funny and really cool.  His poor wife doesn´t speak Portuguese yet haha, but he received new rules from the Presidency of the Church. One is that we have to talk one day English and every other day Portuguese, which is great for retention of my Portuguese.  We also have to teach the 5 Missionary lessons BEFORE and AFTER baptism, which is really different but cool because it's for us to be missionaries with a purpose complete. Before, Baptism was our goal but now it's the Temple which makes sense since Baptism isn´t the end but the beginning of a new life! I really excited about this!  We received an Apostolic Promise that if we do this our baptisms will Increase a lot and more families will be baptized too!!! I LOVE BAPTIZING FAMILIES

Well that's about all for this week!

I love you! 
Elder Sharp

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment