50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, June 16, 2014

Serving in The Flavelas Finally!

Hey!

So I´m in a place called Paulista Riviera, and my Zone is called Guarapiranga.  It's a lot different here!  haha My other area had a lot more trees, and people would say hi back to me when I´d say hi to them, but here it's more like how I´d imagine a city (well duh, haha, it is a city!) but ya, I love it here!  I have a companion that has 3 months on the mission. He´s a really great missionary, and I think he listens to my counsel.  He´s really cool, though.  He´s from Rio Grande do Sul and has a really different accent; where he says tu ibstaead of voce and tua or teu instead of sua or seu.  Kinda interesting, but ya It's really awesome here, only flavela and I´m loving it!  haha It has a lot of people who REALLY need the message of the gospel!  The membros here are poor but some of the happiest people I know! I´m super excited to work here!

I´m glad I started on Nephi Chapter 1 haha. I wasn't sure if y´all would read the introductio first or not haha! It's really awesome for me to read with y´all, too, because I get to read in the morning right after I workout, then I get ready for the day, then study where I was reading for so in effect I´m going to be reading the Book of Mormon twice at once haha! I start the day with Nephi and then during Personal study I learn from Jacob! I´ve also been studying Preach My Gospel a lot; there is so much information in that book! It's really interesting to read, and then I go out in the field and try it, and it usually works really well! 

So this week was a little bit different.  We had to stay inside our house on Thursday because of the World Cup starting and Brasil was playing!  Today I´ll be working after lunch and tomorrow, because Brasil is playing, we´ll have the rest of our p-day!  HAHA and on Tuesday next week I´ll be emailing because Brasil plays again on Monday and everyone will be closed to watch it.  It gets really crazy here! 

That's all I really have for now.  I´m still getting use to the area so next week I´ll be able to talk about my investigators more.  I would send pics, but I don't trust this computer.  I´m a little paranoid that it´ll burn my memory card, so I´ll send them next week! 

I love you guys! 
Thanks for your support and prayers! 
Elder Sharp

P.S. I finally got your package!  Thank you soooo much!  The Texas sheet cake sadly didn't stay fresh :´(  but everything else was great!  Thanks for the letters from you guys, and the ones from friends that were sent to my old mission!




No comments:

Post a Comment