50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2nd

Everything was resolved with my companion and DL, so I have the same companion.  So I´ve visited a lot of less actives that served a mission and you really do learn a lot on your mission... but what's important is what you do with what you learned when you get back.  Something I learned in 2 Nephi is that if we learn something and receive it, then God will give us more or we can reject it and lose what we´ve already learned, but we cannot stay in the same place.  You either progress or don´t progress  - kinda interesting for me. :) 

This week was a really good.  We worked a lot more diligently and received a lot better results.  We have a lot of couples to marry and another that could be baptized my last Sunday here! (a family of 7)  It really helped me strengthen my testimony that if we really do our best, we´ll get blessed.  We can know we did our best by how we feel after the day is through.  Every night we pray and talk to Heavenly Father about our day and haha trust me, He lets you know if you didn´t try your hardest.  It's a really cool thing to learn.  I finally feel like I´m doing my best again! 

Our attitude is so important, too!  Once it was raining and I was singin' and super excited and my old companion just complained that he was cold...(just an example)... but ya, a mission really is what you make of it. and if you want to learn something - study it or try it out.  Something my mission pres always says is that really God doesn´t need us to serve missions... it's us that need to serve missions, to learn what we need to learn and be prepared for our future!

That's about all I got this week 

I´ll be transferred next week - June 9th

I love ya´ll!  Hope all is well!
Elder Sharp

Me and Elder Jesus


This lady is a saint!  When our lunch falls through, she always helps!  She also mends our clothes.



A family we helped reactivate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment