50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, May 26, 2014

Long Week

This week was actually really long. On the day that Elder Neil Anderson was suppose to come, São Paulistas had a huge protest on the world cup and Elder Anderson the night before received a revelation that no missionary was to leave their casa, so we had to stay in our house all day!  It was good to clean and study a little and talk with my Companion, but it made the week seem a lot longer for some reason. 

My companion actually got Emergency Transferred, so I´ll be having a new companion tomorrow!  Kinda excited to see what he´ll be like.  I hope he´ll be good for this area.  I also got to listen to a  talk by Elder Holland given to BYU students that was really good about the need to prepare well, and if you prepare well you'll never feel depressed or stressed out...or something like that.

I´d like to thank you all for your help and support and prayers. Here I´ve been learning a lot about how to be a better leader, and that I have to stand up for my standards and to never let any man stop me from doing what's right. I learn sadly from the bad example of others, but something Elder Jesus always says is "use every experience to learn" so I learned how I shouldn't be, but it was a good thing because I learned a lot and have A LOT more confidence in what I´m here to do and in the Lord, too.

That's about all I really have to talk about this week! How´s the ward and Family Doing?

Love Y´all!
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment