50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, March 31, 2014

Today's Letter

(In reference to finding out about Jessica's Senior Prom:)  

THANK YOU, ZACH!!  I was praying for Jess to have a great friend/senior prom/year. I´m glad to hear that she´s doing well. It's great to hear about college! Can you guys can kinda see why she wasn´t accepted yet to BYU?  Have you seen any blessing that came? I hope she has fun in college (but not too much ;P)

That's awesome of Dr. Peltier! Dues Abençoe ele! (a phrase in Portuguese: God bless him basically) I hope dad is doing well.  It's great that he não has this time to rest and read the scripture *cough* *cough* ;) 

My normal day is like this:

6:30 wake up and pray
6:45 Exercise
7:15(or so): Iron my shirt and wait for the shower (and other prep stuff)
7:45 Put on my shirt and tie and make breakfast (usually cereal or hamburgers)
8:00 pray and start personal study - right now I´m reading the New Testament and Book of Mormon.
9:00 pray to end my study and pray with my comp to start study with him
10:00 study Portuguese and teach English for my comp...or try to 
11:00 start working and contacting people on the road and stuff
12:30 eat lunch with a member(biggest meal of the day) 
1:30 work (lesson, contacting, talking with member, praying and lots and lots of walking)
9:30 (more or less) return to casa and pray for guidance for planning and plan
10:00 prep for sleeping (relax, write a miracle in my miracle notebook)
10:30 pray and sleep

That's about it for my day.  Try typing Santa Isabel, Embu Gauçu, Brasil. That's where we mainly work that area. 

I love it here, though this week we experienced what happens when you have the pure love of Christ for an investigator and they start drinking again. It was really sad.  My comp started to cry and I was tearing up and it just wasn´t a great night... but then on Sunday he repented and asked for forgiveness and all the anger and sadness disappeared.  It's helped my testimony grow a lot about repentance and charity for my investigators. 

That's what I learned this week, and a great way to develop faith in a commandment is by obedience (John 7:17).

I love you guys and honestly only think a lot about you at night and on P-day (sorry it's the truth).

Elder Sharp








No comments:

Post a Comment