50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, March 3, 2014

Isaiah 41:13

This week was pretty great.  We´ve started working in areas farther from our house, which makes curfew really annoying because we have to leave for home sooner, but it´s worth it. We found a family of 8 (with SIX KIDS!) that we are working hard with the father is an inactive member and the mother is being difficult but the kids are really excited and the father is getting more excited after we had talk with him. Super excited about that!

We had a baptism too.  Well not me and Elder D. Silva, but we taught them first and decided to let the sisters teach them because they have more patience with people who live together for 10 yrs but don't want to get married. But the son was baptised yesterday and he chose me to baptise him! It was really exciting to see him get baptized.  I was a lot happier since when we last saw him. 

This week I read Isaiah 41:13, and it really helped me realize the I don't need to fear about my language or anything because My Heavenly Father is on my side and loves me and the people I´m teaching and won't give me anything I can't handle!

The temple was really good.  I didn't understand all of it, but I understood a lot!   I got to focus on the Spirit better! I´ve decided to start memorizing more scriptures to be a better scriptorian. Teaching WITH scripture, not using scripture to prove my words. It's a difficult route, but the spirit testifies through you better because your using the words of the prophets. I found a lot of comfort in Psalms 91:2 and Isaiah 41:13 they´re really good for understanding that God is with us always! 

Embu-Gauçu is on the outskirts of São Paulo.  It has a lot of trees and well it's kinda like Murfreesboro actually...huh never thought of that.  It's basically a Brasilian Murfreesboro. There are a lot of poor and rich and working class people here.  It's all kind of mixed up - kinda cool! This weekend started carnival, so a lot of people are resting during the day, so we don't get to talk to people on the road.

Sorry I don't have more to say but that's all the excitement from this week haha. We´ve decided to work in Val Flor and Santo Isabel which is really far from our house (about 30 min walking there directly) but there are so many people there and so much work we can do there!  Elder D. Silva and I are trying to make a Val Flor Ward, which will be really nice for the members that live there and the recent converts that don't have cars.

I love you guys! Glad to hear all is well! I hope dad is doing well and that the neurologist will know what is going on!

Com Carinho
Elder Sharp








No comments:

Post a Comment