50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, April 7, 2014

Conference!

Hey!  So anyone can email me but there's no guarantee that I´ll answer immediately because I only have an hour and a half to write you guys and the mission president 

Speaking of mission president, mine was called to the Seventy! Pinho is my president!  He´s being released in July and called to be a seventy! Conference was good.  I watched in Portuguese, so I really didn´t learn much, but I´m downloading some of the talks on my memory card for my camera. 

Oh and I know something I need - thumb drives are really expensive here like 30 reais ($15).  If it's not gonna cost more then that to send me a few, please send me a couple! It's how I can have videos from here and save my pictures... because sometimes the computer erases all the pictures on our cameras, so it would be great to have.  If not, don't worry about it; I´ll buy wherever it's cheaper haha. 

I had a baptism on Sunday!  The lady came to church this Sunday on pennies and dime (but in Brazilian money) to be baptized! It was really good! She knew the words and said them while I was baptizing her haha! She´s really good! I hope she stays firm in the church - she really needs it. It's crazy how hard Satan tries to keep people from watching General Conference! We had a lot of people who were excited to come but never did.  One was coming and passed a bar and started drinking again and another was coming with his girlfriend and they started to argue so the went back home.  It was really annoying, but the ones that came liked it a lot! 

This week we also did a lot of service.  It was really cool because I´m learning a lot from the service - like now I know how to put in a concrete floor or how to weed with a hoe and the people we help are gaining faith because we bring members to help and show that we really practice what we preach. 

That's about all that happened -- lots happening here!  Time is moving really fast! I have 1 year and 6 months left and that's it! Crazy!

Love y'all
 Elder Sharp 













No comments:

Post a Comment