50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, March 24, 2014

Wooo Batismo!!

These past 2 weeks have been so awesome! We had a Family get baptized! Only one wasn´t baptised but we´re working on him! This family is a great example of how the gospel blesses our families. We found the Rainha Bueno Family through the dad, Erasmo, he was baptized 25 yrs ago! but left the church after his mom died. We saw his name on a list of inactive members and decided to go visit him see what's up. When we first met them the mom and dad were great together but the kids didn´t really have much respect and the dad was really serious, didn't really smile much... but after we started teaching them the kids didn´t fight as much and they listened to the parents better now. They all laugh more and the Husband makes jokes now! He´s actually pretty funny! I don't know if you all understand, but this family now has a Spirit of Love in their house, and it's awesome that I get to see it! 

This week ends another transfer, and I´m staying in Embu Gauçu another 6 weeks with Elder D.Silva! Three transfers is a long time together, but I think we can make it!

Wow!  I think Dustin is as tall a me now! When I left I think Jess was at my nose too! He´ll be taller then me for sure! And I´m doing great! I can't think of anything really that I need.  My companion has a really cool ring from where he lives and asked his mom if she could send me one with CTR (it's the same here Conserva Tua Rota) But if I think of something, I´ll let you know.  

There's a lot of rumors about Mormons here.  I think Pastors here are starting a lot of them.  People are being less friendly to us now.  Normally we can say "oi tudo bem" (hi all well) and they say something back, but recently no one has been answering on the road - just makes me laugh haha.  

Thanks for the email I loved the update! Hope all is well! General Conference is coming! Can you believe the last one I was starting in The MTC?! AND it's here again already! I can´t wait!!  It also means 6 months on my mission! It's going way too fast!

That's about all this week.  I´m doing great with my Portuguese! Thanks to My Heavenly Father I´m teaching and speaking really well.. or so the locals say haha! I don't know if they´re being honest or not haha.


Chião!
Elder Sharp

We cut the grass with hoes here!  


 An inactive family that we brought back to church (only the women)

 the family we baptized yesterday and the week before

 Baptism yesterday

Elder D. Silva with Dauva

Me with Kleiuson



The last one is with the baptizees with us and the family that helped us a lot!!


No comments:

Post a Comment