50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, March 10, 2014

Fico Firme! (Stand Firm!)

This week we learned a lot about being diligent in our work.  We walked to a lot of appointments and 2 out of the 6 we try to visit are home - and this is normal, haha!  But it's a different story when you walk a long way for each one and there´s no one in the road to talk to. My companion has a cold and I hadn´t slept the night before so we were really tired and just didn´t have energy.  Another one of our appointments fell through, so we sat down and drank some water and decided we gotta do something different, so we prayed and asked for help with our energy and that we could keep working.  At first nothing happened, but we kept walking towards our next appointment, and then I started getting more energy and was more awake!  We passed a house and talked the people there and taught a great lesson about the restoration then kept going towards our appointment and people were on the road!  (That's not normal in Itararé) and we talked to them.  None them accepted, but it was great!  I know this story sounds dumb, but it truly was an answer to our prayer!  I know that when we pray with real intent Heavenly Father answers our prayers!  But only after we start doing something and working for what we pray, for because "faith without works is dead." 


That's what I learned this week - keep working diligently and Pray for help then work some more and God will help with the rest!

I´m doing great this week.  Everyone in our apt. has gotten the cold but me (knock on wood).  I hope I don't get it! I´ve been drinking more water and some Emergen-C - so far so good! 

Congrats on the Missionary moments, Mom!  Every time we teach any lesson we always say, "Don´t believe in our word because we´re just men with a beautiful message and we´re imperfect but read this pamphlet and pray on your knees to know this is true  and you will receive an answer." Its really crazy but we seriously are just vessels.  We really don't do anything but guide people to the gospel and the after that we just answer questions and love the people. It's really all about God and the Investigators -- we just introduce them to each other.  However, the investigators have agency, too, so there's always that frustration because people won't read or pray.  It's like Moses with the brazen serpent. 

So that's something else I learned this week haha ;)

Love y´all and thanks for the prayers and support!
Elder Sharp

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting these! I love reading about his experiences and testimony.

    ReplyDelete