50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, February 24, 2014

Treinamento Demais!

This week was full of a lot of training! We had the regular meeting on Tuesday with the Zone.  Then the next day we had a training about how to plan.  The next we had a training on being good missionaries or something like that -- I´m translating it haha. It was really great though, because I got learn a lot.  The president of the mission (President Pinho) loves practicing for every principle that is taught so we practiced a lot too. It's really good though, because I get to see how much I improve every time and it's also getting easier to understand everyone! 

This week I read a lot about patience during the my personal study and different attributes of Christ.  I learned that I gotta remember that God has a plan for me and that all things will come in HIS time not mine.  It's a difficult thing to learn, but he´s definitely teaching me to be patient for His time and now I´m not so stressed.   Me and my companion are getting a long way better now that I´ve realized that I gotta be more patient a relax and Just be me! 

This week I taught about the restoration more than usual.  When I talked about Joseph Smith and his experience, I felt the Lord telling me, "Elder Sharp, this actually happened!" and I know that Joseph Smith really did restore the Church of Jesus Christ again here on Earth and that everyone can know through prayer and study with an open heart and a willing mind!

This week will end my 5 month! It's so crazy how fast it's going! I´ll be home way too fast! That's really cool about the Book of Mormon class Wednesday night you are having there.  We had that too in Washington and we would invite everyone to it. It was really good because if we had investigators that didn´t want the lesson but liked the class they´d go to the class.  The teacher of the class let me and Elder Lowe teach the first lesson. A sneaky way of doing it but whatever works to get them to hear it. 

Tomorrow we are going to the temple!  I was wrong  - we actually go every 3 months if we stay in the same zone.  My companion was very lucky and got to go every month for his first 6 or 7 transfers because he´d get emergency transferred.  I´m really excited for tomorrow

Today I going on splits with a member! Aagh I don't feel ready and was SUPER stressed yesterday but then I read about the Army of Helaman and that they were willing to go to battle and had no fear or doubt and they had NEVER fought in their lives... and now I feel peace and that Heavenly father will help me understand what the investigators say and help them understand me. It was really good for me! 

That's about if for news....oh we had 150 baptisms this month as a mission! 

Love y´all and I am prayin' for y´all every day
Elder Sharp

P.s Read the Scriptures and pray everyday!

I made a cake in the microwave!



No comments:

Post a Comment