50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, November 25, 2013

Washington, Week 2

Hey!

Well this week was fast! We knocked into a lady from Brazil who doesnt speak very much english and is wanting a portuguese Book Of Mormon! It super exciting for my Comp and I cause we get to teach I portuguese......Uh oh hahaha hope it works out! haha I know the Lord will help me through the language haha!. 

Also this week we got to hear from an Apostle!! It was Neil L. Anderson! I loved it he was a little more relaxed than in General Conference, and he taught us about the Atonement and how to share the gospel with that since it's central to our whole gospel! We also got to learn about how if we make decisions that lean to loving God, than that is the choice that will bring happiness and peace (President Eyring's talk from General Conference).  He quoted a lot of scriptures about the atonement, and the rewards if we use it.  Also, If we seal our testimony about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, than anything Anti can not waiver our testimony. It was a great promise, since that happens here quite a bit. (I've only had one so far haha)

Also something I learned here is the smell of weed! It is so bad here haha.  I don't see why they wanna smoke it! But it's legal here now so we have to deal with it haha. Its funny sometimes running into the old people who smoke it.  They're fun to listen to when they talk about religion.

I've learned something about here too. If there isn't a cloud in the sky then it gets COLD haha and with me being on bike, I learned real quick what cold means haha!

Thanksgiving is almost here and luckily we have a nice family here that's gonna feed us and apparently she's a really good cook! so I'm excited for that! It's gonna be nice to have a good ol home Cooked meal haha! 

That's all I can think as far as highlights for now!

Amo Voces!
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment