50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Letter Received 11/22/2013

Dear Mom,
I know I emailed you, but I feel like letters are more fun to get.  :)  Sorry I wasn't able to get those emails in yet.  My hour was up as soon as I saw them, so I couldn't get them in time.

Hope the move is going well and I'm praying for you guys.  It's interesting I wasn't able to think about you guys as much at the MTC, but out here I seem to be able to more.  Don't worry, I'm not messing up my work here with home sickness.  Just something I noticed.  :)

How's yours and Dad's neck?  Will you be getting help with the move?  I hope the ward will be able to help and that Dad doesn't push too hard with it.

It's an interesting place here in Washington.  I love the overcast, and I get to see the Puget Sound everyday.  Whenever there's meetings, I get to pass a Naval ship yard with huge aircraft carriers and Destroyers, too!

I have this one investigator family (Just husband and wife) that are really interested in the church.  I'm hoping to commit them to be baptized!  They have lots of questions and rumors we've had to clarify, but they're still open-minded, which I'm really excited about.  They were in a Mormon city right next to Snowflake, I think it's called Shiloh (probably Show Low).  Anyway, somehow they got the idea the worthiness and salvation comes with money and weird stuff like that, but they are definitely learning.

There's also this other guy who just lost his wife.  He's got the sweetest handlebars mustache!  Anyway,  he's a cool guy, very sad about his wife.  I really want him to accept the gospel so he can have that hope.  He really needs it.

That's all the exciting news I have that I didn't email about.

As far as Christmas, I would love any kind of music stuff, like Nashville Tribute Band or anything from an LDS band I can listen to.  That's what I'd love, but don't stress about it.  Take care of the other kids first.  :)

Remember John 16:32-33

Love you all,
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment