50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Friday, November 29, 2013

Letter Received 11/29/2013

Dear Mom,
Nah, I don't need a robe, thanks though.  And yes, they gave us all our own Ensign, so I get to study those.  Right now the mission president is having us all study only Preach My Gospel and The Book of Mormon, so I will have to wait to study it, but I have one.

I'm definitely learning a lot about leaving it all up to God.  That's something my trainer and I talked about last night.  He said, "You know, on a mission we have zero control over anything here.  We can't control where a lesson goes, what investigators will do, or anything like that!  The only thing we control is how hard we try and if the Spirit is with us."  It was a big eye opener for me!  I realized that you know anywhere else in life I had a little more control... but here I've only got one thing I'm in control of and that's me.  Everything else is in God's hands.  It's definitely different compared to being at home and being the oldest ha ha.  I guess you guys are realizing the same thing, huh?  I'm glad you're not stressing too much.  It's helping me to not stress for you guys.  :)

I love you guys and hope all is well.  You're in my prayers.

D&C 121 is a good one to read.  :)

Your Son,
Elder Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment