50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, November 18, 2013

First Week!

Well this week was pretty crazy! I was assigned to my trainer, and he's a visa waiter too! So we get to speak Portuguese together and stuff! After that I found out that my mission is a biking mission! I was, "Uh guys I don't have that." haha and so me and my Comp (Elder Lowe) asked tons of people what to do about it and finally we were able to get to President Weaver (mission president).  He was,  "Oh ya - that may be problem."  Then someone heard us talking about it and was like "Hey, you can have mine. I just got a new one" so I got the bike and everything seemed fine.  Then we got home and realized I need a helmet! So we had to walk the first day.  One of the other missionaries let me borrow his so that was nice, so we had bikes and all was good.  Unfortunately I found out, the hard way, that the person who owned this bike before didn't seem to know that brakes are important. I was going down a steep hill on my bike and, well, it was fun at first until I couldn't exactly stop. I crashed and, well, it didn't feel the best but I'm fine - just had a sore elbow for a bit.  All is good with that and thankfully I learned from my eagle project how to fix bikes and got those brakes fixed! AND I'm getting into shape!!

Anyway my trainer's name is Elder Lowe and he's from Seattle....ya haha he's about 20 min from home haha. He's a really good missionary, though, and I hope to be able to learn a lot from him. 

I love the way we study here its all at the same time so its done and we can get the on with the the day.  I like it so much better then the MTC.  We're doing this thing call 5-7s where from 5 to 7 we are knockin on doors. It's weird, but apparently we get 50% of our baptisms come from that. So I guess its working.

I found out on Tuesday that an Apostle is coming!!  We don't know which, but we're all super excited for it! We're fasting to prepare for it and everything so that's exciting.

That's awesome its good too hear all is well and that you're all keeping the faith!!  Ya I thought you guys would like the package!  Those're some great pics!! I loooooove pics.  Apparently they have a blog for this mission that Sis Weaver is doing!  I can't think of anything for Christmas at the moment sorry. How's Dustin likin' ROTC?

Washington is great its very hilly and always has an overcast AND its green here!! I looove the overcast too. My area is like Franklin Heights. 

Well that's all the excitement this week:)

Amo Voces!
Elder Sharp



No comments:

Post a Comment