50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, November 11, 2013

Last Week in the MTC!

Well this week was pretty awesome!! I learned a good amount the last week here. I learned the importance of knowing the scriptures better, and I was talking to Dustin about it too, but that's definitely something I wish I could do better because the way that I'm learning to teach is using the scriptures and then talking about it, instead of using scriptures to prove my words if that makes sense.  Anyway, so that's definitely important for preparation. 

I also got to host! It was sooo cool to be able to welcome the new guys and comfort the families and the new missionaries. I saw different types of goodbyes and where one was forever and others seemed uncaring.  I think you guys did awesome with that.  It was so funny to see them and think I wasn't THAT scared was I... and then I thought about it and yep! I was definitely the same.  Kinda reminds me of where I'm from and makes me realize how far I've come. I still see how far I've got, but I'm definitely excited to get out there and start learning more!

I also got to do a how to begin teaching which means me and my 2 companions would start teaching and when we got to the point where we'd start teaching then the new missionaries (arrived that day new).  It was really cool but also annoying cause when we'd hit that point the moderators would just stop us -- it was just like AGH!  haha but I loved it - it was so much fun!!

We also did something called in-field training where all the missionaries that were leaving come together and learn a bunch of awesome stuff like finding people to teach, planning, and using members etc. It was really cool.  Then at the end, the instructors did this play thing where there was a new missionary (who was actually named Elder Sharp! They even used my name tag and I got the teacher's name tag for ransom) to the field and he was the typical new missionary Haha.  It was so funny, but it also taught us the importance of using members and making sure that members keep caring about the new converts through things like home teaching and visiting teaching. One of my teachers actually said one of the biggest reason new members don't stay is because they don't feel welcome.  It was a kinda big eye opener.

I miss you guys a lot, but surprisingly I've only wanted to be home once for like 15 minutes.  Then I was like, "Dude!  You just wasted 15 minutes of study!"  haha!  I'm glad for the experiences I have had and that you guys let me go out and didn't hold on too tightly.  

Anyway that's all I learned this week -- haha pretty Grrrrrreat!!

I'll call from Denver!

Amo Vocês!!
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment