50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, September 28, 2015

Final countdown!

Agh! I already have my topic for Sacrament Meeting!?! Ai ai this mission is too fast! 

I love Sis. Dalton.  She is like my "vicarious" mom. haha She really is loving to us - her and Pres. Dalton.(that doesn´t mean I don´t consider you a good mom - it's just how I think of her.) 

So this week we were working really hard to help Weber and his family be baptized! They're progressing great and will be baptized next week. Sadly, though, I was transferred.  President called me on Saturday and said,  "Well... you're going to be a bit busy for your last few days......"  Arrrgh haha...  So with 3 weeks left on my mission I will be a Zone Leader and a trainer in a new area.  I entered into a bit of a panic the first minute, and I almost cried because of the baptism this week, but I had told President that of course I would accept that the Lord has given me an assignment, and I cannot deny Him."  And luckily I had told president about my baptism and he said I can go back! I am really hoping to go back to Embu Guaçu! It's very possible that it will happen!! But I don´t know yet, we´ll have to see. :)  

Anyway, that is about all that was exciting for me that happened!  Oh, we´re teaching a man called Francisco that has a really bad drinking problem that we are helping.  He´s doing well.  Sadly his family (Brother and Sisters) don't really support him, so we're working hard to help him, too.  

The last family we´re helping is a young couple called Taina and Paulo.  They really want to learn, but sadly her husband works then goes straight to college so we couldn´t talk to them until Friday, but when we taught them they were really curious and wanted to hear more about what the church thought of gay marriage and, well, marriage in general.  It was a really spiritual lesson!

There's more people, but these are the ones who are progressing most! 
I love Y'all!
Só Famílias Eternas!
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment