50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, September 14, 2015

Baptismo!

Something I've learned about prayer is we need to tell the Lord why we want a specific blessing and what we'll do to receive it and also what we'll do when we have it.  Not that God doesn't know, but it helps to realize that our desire is just! And we realize that we have more faith to receive the help from God. I´ve seen this helps me a lot.

It surprisingly cool down a lot here!!!  It's weird because it's suppose to be getting warmer here, haha, but it's the coldest it's been all year! It should warm up this week with lots of Sun!!!! Yesssss! haha! I gotta as much heat as possible... there's not gonna be a summer this year for me!

So Anderson was baptized, but we found out this week that he does not live in our area, but in the area of ​​other the elders.  It was a challenge not being able to count it as our baptism, but I prayed a lot and calmed down enough to remember that he was baptized!  It's a child of God who entered into His herd.  I realized that I was focused more on the numbers than these souls behind the numbers.  Elder Rose was not helping much, throwing in my face, but it's alright.  It was still an amazing baptism. Anderson told me when we were changing our clothes, "The next one [baptism] will be in the temple right?"  It was exciting to hear that he had this vision, and I knew that no matter where that number was, a soul was saved!  He is already well integrated with the members.  He also had a lot of opposition, but we had warned him that the week before baptism would be a test... And man did he have opposition!  But he won!  He will get the priesthood next week!

That's about it as far as huge things.  We're having trouble following up with people we find, but we're now knocking on doors again! It's funny, because I started my mission knocking doors then I got here and learned that it doesn´t work here... but now we're doing it again!!

That's about it!  I love y'all. Trust me - I'm fighting strong until the last minute!

Só Famílias Eternas!
Elder Sharp

Baptismo!! 



Some one knocked over the hive and gave us some of the honeycomb!


PIZZA!



My comp had a little speaker and it exploded! 

The other elders got a mask haha we had some fun



It rained A LOT

Salgadinhos!



No comments:

Post a Comment