50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, August 3, 2015

This Week

So, I got a trunky phone call.....they want know which Airport I'm coming home in.....It's the Nashville International, right?  

This week was pretty cool.  I had set some really high goals for myself to do before I get home, and, well, they were kinda unrealistic, so I was stressing myself out because of this.  I was getting reminded how much time is left. (The members are great with that haha), but other than that, we had a great week! 

Elder Córdova is my companion now! He's been helping me calm down and remember that having fun is important in the work! He's going home in December, so we're both really dedicated at finishing with a bang! 

This week we went to Sylvana´s house and helped her through the hard times.  She's such a fighter with her husband in the situation he is. Her life is hard, but she's fighting.  She really wants to find peace, and she knows we can bring it. We are trying to help her 13-yr-old son, Miguel, but he's kinda rebellious, so he said he wasn't going to go to church and that he'd go ride his bike with his friend. -_- So Elder Córdova cursed his bike!  He said, "If you ride and you don´t go to church, your wheel will break."  haha It was funny because he and his friend got really worried and said, "Alright!  We'll go!  Just take off the curse!" ... but they didn't go, so we'll see about that bike.

We also were SUPER close to baptizing this week, but sadly our investigator slept with her "member" boyfriend. So she was suppose be separated dele buuut she decided that they should get married. So at least she wasn't baptized, and then went back to him.  That would've been really bad... but still it was really sad because she REALLY wants to be baptized, but can't because she has to divorce from her EX to be able to marry her boyfriend. 

That's about it for now! 
Love y'all!
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment