50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Work is Great!

The work is going great here! This week we had a great miracle!  We had someone to baptize, but she had not gone to church last week.  We ran after her, but unfortunately we could not talk to her Wednesday through Saturday night. Certainly much we tried really hard to find her at home, call her, or anything, but nothing. We thought "Okay, it's only opposition.  We will keep praying and trying to find her." Then, Saturday we did a division for me to interview an investigator of the Zone Leaders, and Elder Córdova and Elder Escajeda stayed in the area.  They tried to go to many people's houses, but simply did not have anyone at home. So they went to Rose (the lady that was to be baptized) and miraculously was home!! She passed the interview, and she was baptized!  Now her son wants to baptized next week !! What a blessing! Unfortunately, I am being transferred and will not see their baptism, but I know I'm being transferred to help other families.  Surely this means that my new area has these three families who I have to find and save!! 

I'm working pretty hard and pushing myself to not let the thought of going home mess me up.  It's really hard because no one lets you forget it... but I'm getting a lot of help from the Lord and learning, too! I'm really learning a lot with my weaknesses, and that I won't get better right away, but only as I keep working diligently.  It's hard to remember when you feel like there's no time left. 

Thanks!
Elder Sharp 

No comments:

Post a Comment