50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, August 24, 2015

Great Week!

Man, Dustin is a "natural missionary!!" If he keeps up this courage, he will go far in the mission and the church, too! 

We´re doing great in our area! We are seeing many miracles ! This week we met two families! A young couple who have two young children and another family that the man said he would leave his work if he had to travel far from them, so he definitely wants an Eternal Family! They both are golden! This week we had to work from 9:30 am til 19:00 hrs because the police did something dumb, and we had be home earlier (don't worry I'm not in danger :) everyone knows the missionaries and respects us) but we are super excited to be able to work in the afternoon because these families can only be taught TOGETHER at night.  We forced ourselves not to get discouraged and just keep working hard and not lose faith that obedience will bring blessings from the Lord!  And man, has He blessed us with a lot of strength and energy!  One thing that we started praying for is to have a greater force than our opposition, and He blessed us with this strength for sure! 

This week we also saw an Apostle!! Yup Elder Anderson visited us! I have gotten to see him personally twice now on my mission! It was really great! He gave an apostolic blessing! He explained about the Atonement of Christ and how little we are able to do, but that doesn't mean we are helpless because His sacrifice helps us to be better instruments in His hands! As always, with something as powerful as this, we have more opposition, so we´re already feeling more opposition today - but we cannot and will not let it drag us down!

I love y'all!
Só Famílias Eternas!
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment