50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Getting Transferred

It's been a weird week. Presidente let us stay in the area another few weeks to show the new missionaries around so all the work we did was for them! We did helped Junior and Melissa go back to church! We also took them to the temple, and there was a family there that had just gotten sealed! It was so cool!!  We talked to them and  they bore a powerful testimony about sealings.  It was truly a miracle! We also saw Pres. Pinho at the temple (1st mission president who is now area seventy).  It was really cool to see him again!

This week we also did a lot of service projects.  We helped a man who has depression clean his house. It was super bad, like the dishes had a layer of mold and there was food and trash EVERYWHERE, so it was definitely needed! It felt good to help him, though, cause he lives alone and I've seen what depression does to someone so it's not good to have trash when your with that. We also went back to that house that we´re building, and we helped get it ready to put a floor in and a roof on! I almost got to build a wall but sadly time ran out and we had to run to lunch. :/ haha I really wanted to build something but oh well.  The rest of the missionaries in the ward are going to be going back to finish it all up this week!

This week I gave a blessing to someone, and I learned something very interesting. Heavenly Father told this man how much He loves His children and that what He does is to help them always! Everything He does is to help His children! And as I said that, I felt the love He had for me and for everyone I pass! I felt guilty because I had let His children pass me without even giving an invite or felt impressed to help someone but didn't because we were late and didn't have time.... but now I understand why I'm here, and I am going to do everything I can to follow His guidance so that I can help His children be closer to Him or even meet Him for the first time!

Sorry there isn't much but it's about 5 here and we have to finish packing -_- I hate packing!
Love y'all!
Elder Sharp


With Junior and Melissa at the temple.  

Elder Richins, Junior and his son.







Rosalie Alves posted this picture on Facebook 04/13/2015 
"Mais uma despedida amo vocês! 
Depois do almoço mensagem e fotografia de despedida.
Sou agradecida ao Pai Celestial por eles em minha vida e minha casa todos os dia me ajudando com tanto amor representando em minha vida Jesus Cristo estou muito feliz por me mostrar esse caminho maravilhoso sentirei saudades eu e minha familia meus filhos amamos muito todos os Elderes que frequentaram minha casa!"

"One more farewell love you!  After lunch message and photograph of farewell.
I am grateful to Heavenly Father for them in my life and my house all day helping me with so much love in my life representing Jesus Christ. I am very pleased to show this wonderful way. I will miss my family and my children loved it so much that all elders attended my house!"


with Janaina and Juliana Oliveira

On 04/13/2015, Janaina Oliveira told
 me on Facebook that the elders were at
 her home and getting 
ready to go to a family home evening 
at the Bishop's home.  
Next thing I know, there is this video posted....   



No comments:

Post a Comment