50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, April 20, 2015

Changes...

HEY!

Well, I´m in the Office now! Yup I am officially the next House Secretary. So My P-day´s won´t be so predictable anymore haha. I only got to [write home] today because tomorrow we (my new companion Elder Ferreira and I) are going to be going to an area that was white washed, so the earliest time we can get there is tomorrow! It's actually the richest part of the mission.  It´s called Indianópolis and, well, it's gonna be a whole new experience here! I´m not really sure what's gonna happen, but all I know is that me and Elder are pretty excited! The ward mission leader actually asked for elders (the sisters were there), and President said that he's really excited for us to come! I'll get to go to Santo Amaro Ward Sunday (I hope) and I´m gonna try to see the Nelson's (Brother Nelson is the brother of a good friend in Murfreesboro).  I´m hoping to see them at lunch, too, if they haven't yet. But ya, it's pretty exciting here! I´m learning a lot about working with other people, and the thing I really don´t like to do ... talking on the phone. It´s really interesting, because as a Secretary we don't work as much in our area, and we have many distractions, but Pres. expects us to be examples of the mission. The cool thing is that as we are diligent in our work, He will help us and bless us! They say that Indianópolis is hard because of distractions.  There are so many members there that want to help and you get LOTS of referrals there, but there's a lot of stores that don't exist in other parts of the mission - hence the distractions. Luckily, my comp is real diligent, so I´m excited!  We should be able to get each other be focused!

But this change only came at the end of the week (Friday) so before that me and Elder Richins just spent the week helping the other elders get to know the area and finish saying good-bye to all the members and less-active members.  It was a really great experience with Junior and Melissa! We left them a picture of us at the temple and left them a note.  There were tears and many smiles AND best of all, we set a date for them to be married!! 11/14/15! So that was great! I'm really sad to leave there, but I truly am excited to be here and helping the mission be stronger and more organized. I can't wait for the future, because here in the office everyday is different!

That's about it! 
I love you all!
Elder Sharp

PS:  (My duties will include helping with houses and supplies in the houses.  I'm actually here to help the mission save money on rent and a maintenance man.)  

Elder Sharp and Elder Richins with Izabela


No comments:

Post a Comment