50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

This week!

Hey, so this week was great!

We´re opening an area! And man these members are great! We had to run back and forth from the office and our area during the week and surprisingly with less time in the area.  We were greatly blessed and helped many people! It's really cool how the Lord really helps after all we can do. For example, this week we found a man about 23 or so and he was at less-active/part-member family that we´re working with. We talked to a him bit. He had left his church he had been going to because the Preacher was really trying to get some more "tithing" out of his congregation. But it's interesting that he didn´t just go away from all church, but went to another and we felt,  "Let's ask what he's looking for in a church." He said that he was looking for a change in his life to get away from his past!  We were like,  "Ok... here's the gospel that asks for a change and we can help you be born again (baptism)."  He's really interested!  My companion and I are hoping to baptize lots and also bring a lot of member back to church, too! We want to divide the Ward or at least start the process of them dividing since I'll probably be finishing my mission here or at least almost finishing it here (the side-effect of being a secretary)

I love this gospel and love you all!
Elder Sharp

To answer a few questions I got:

No, I'm not close to the temple.  That's the old mission office address. so no the temple is still every other transfer.  I had a wonderful experience in the temple! Thanks, Jonathan, for finding that family name and Grandma, for sending me that name.  You helped me have a stronger testimony of the work in the temple! And I felt and still feel the spirit testify stronger then ever when I testify of the life after this life and temple work! It definitely has helped me a lot! 

And this week I traveled to Embu Guaçu! But sadly I was umable to visit any one :/ but next time we go I'll be asking permission to see them, because I'll have to give the keys to the house to the landlords and do the final walk through. 

And my job is basically talking to the Lawyers and the landlords helping get the information we need for the contract and also household maintenance (Which is what I use to do with Smitty!) I actually knew how to fix something, so we didn´t have to send the man that works for the mission and save about R$300 that would've been a waste for the mission cause it was something real simple to do! I was really excited to see that gift I had to be able to see what needed to fix and more or less know what I need to do to fix it come to use!

I am actually considering a career in counseling now because of the experiences I had with Elder Richins. I really loved being able to help him. It didn't matter that I'd lose nights of sleep and hours of precious proselyting time. I know, especially now looking back, that the Lord's hand was in there with me, and He was helping to be that instrument He needs!

I cant think of just one thing that reminds me of São Paulo, you know?!





ROOTBEER!!!


My new companions.


SAYING GOODBYE....





No comments:

Post a Comment