50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Life is Good

Hey! I´m getting to exercise everyday too! They say there´s a curse that the secretaries get fatter! I´m like haha NO!! The other secretaries also run so we go out every morning.  It's really great!  I have more energy during the day when I workout in the mornings.  It's great! I feel healthier, too!

This week was very good! We found an elect through faith! We felt we needed to pass by a house that we saw a guy leaving for college and saw that the mother was looking toward the way that the son went and also seemed a little sad. So we went to see a less-active member, and we felt that we should go to her house, but we ignored... but then we felt it again and we thought, "alright Father, we´ll go." We got there, and she was alone crying ... I love this work! She now calls us both insistent angels and will be baptize on the 16.

Gulherme is doing great, too! He will take a while because he has many questions! But they are educated and good questions. He knows the Bible well and has some ideas coming from evangelical churches, but today we will teach the second lesson to him and that will answer many doubts he has! We're pretty excited about it!  And he will invite his friend today, who also have questions!

This week I am studying about the atonement! Bishop Caussé came to our mission and talked to us about baptisms, and he told us to study more about the atonement, so I accepted it.  Man, the Atonement shows how much Jesus didn´t have the natural man in him! He suffered all these terrible things and still consoled the crying woman and also there were people attacking him saying, "IF your the son of God save yourself then we´ll believe." and also he said "Forgive them" after all the pain and torture! It's so beyond our capacity to understand all this 100%.  I'm starting to understand just a little of what it was he suffered! It truly is amazing!

This last week I also had an opportunity to see the power capacity of the Atonement in my work. A normal day for me here is stay in the office calling and receiving calls from landlords and missionaries about problems in houses, receiving references to give out, and in front of a computer screen till 4 o´clock.  By about 3, I'm about ready to just crash and curl up and go crazy, but I get help to push through till the end. Then I get to go work and when I know I´m about to leave for work all that energy I lost just appears out of nowhere again, and I'm more ready to do Missionary work than ever! It's so crazy! I love it! I've never wanted to do missionary work so much in my life, and I know that that energy isn´t mine, but from my Heavenly Father! 

I love y'all!
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment