50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Being Transferred

Man, Guilherme!!   This kid will be a friend after my mission for sure! I´ll miss him a lot for sure! These 4 and a half months here have been great!! All the youth here have been a huge blessing! I`m really grateful for every thing I´ve learned, but we are to meet the people God has prepared for us! And I guess I´ve already helped the ones I need to here. I have met a lot of less active members here, and on Sunday we had almost all of them at church! I couldn´t stop smiling with the joy to see God´s children back into the fold. I wanted to take pictures but I didn´t have my camera.   Tonight we have a Family home evening with everyone so I´ll take pics and videos there! haha It was really funny this week because you had asked for pics of me from the members here, and like 10 people came to me ask for photos! Thanks for talking to these people, it means a lot that I`ll be able to come home and stay in contact with them! 

This week was also really great because we finally have a group of people to teach! (yes again the area has baptisms ready and I´ll be somewhere else.) I´ve learned a few techniques I'm trying that are working out great! Something I´ve learned a lot about this week is applying the things I learn in trainings, study, or splits with other missionaries. Once I started doing that, I felt different about the work.  I finally felt like I´m starting to be a good missionary! Something else I re-learned is that God will help/bless you after you start trying to help your self. Man did I see that this week!  It looks like our area exploded with Part-member families, new investigators, and lots of other successes!
 
I love y'all!
Elder Sharp

Pictures sent to me this week from members of the ward:

Elder Sharp and Claudia with her son


Elder Sharp and Guilherme

Guilherme sent me this picture of Elder Sharp at the last Family Home Evening with this family before transfers. 

UPDATE:
Guilherme went with Elder Sharp to transfers Tuesday.  I received this message from him:
Hey Jen. Elder Sharp was transferred to my area in the mini mission. He is in Interlagos ward, in Interlagos Zone. His new companion is Elder Richins. They were in the MTC together and now, are companions!!





No comments:

Post a Comment