50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, November 10, 2014

Craziness

I can´t believe how old everyone is getting! It's so weird! hahaha its so strange! Ya I love the people here!  They have the strongest testimony - it's so great to be here with them! 

This week was really interesting - you remember Milena? Well we passed by there again and couldn´t talk to her (her family doesn't like us).  So one day we were walking and saw her on the road coming home from school and she explained that that Sunday her brother (who´s the adult responsible for her legally) was really mad because when he got there she wasn´t there and was at church.  So we had all that drama... then we went and tried to talk to the family there to see if we could help them understand - but Milena's ex-sister-in-law started to get mad at us and started saying stuff like "If you talk to Milena again, I'll have to call the cops for pedophilism." That made me mad but we knew we couldn't do anything so we stayed calm and I explained our purpose why we´re teaching her and she got calm and I was like "YES!  She´s calming down maybe we'll be able to help her out too."  Then she started saying that Milena only went to church because we sent a young man to be her boy friend.....I had to believe a bit when she said that because I knew that she knows that it isn't like that, and she knew I didn´t believe it. So she went to go get Milena and at the gate the young man that was with us said he say her say ex-sister-in-law say "You say anything and you'll see what'll happen" and so Milena said it too and we saw her expression and she didn´t want to say a lie but she had too because of her ex-sister-in-law.... so ya we had that this week it was really frustrating.  Elder Aguilar and I  talked a bit and we felt that for sure that she will one day she will be baptized! We planted a seed in good ground - it´ll just have a lot of trials to grow through! 

I'm excited for this week though because we´re praying for a miracle this transfer that we can have a baptism before the end of the transfer (in 2 weeks) and it´s gotta happen through a miracle too! 

I love you guys so much cant wait to see you in Natal!
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment