50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, September 22, 2014

WORK


This week I learned a lot about how your desires are more important that any number. This week Elder Aguilar and I got to start working! Gosh it never felt so good to leave the house to work, and we just went crazy! It was so nice to just work I realize that before this period of a broken companion, I was starting to be more worried about what others saw in my numbers and not what the Lord saw in my work... so God made sure I couldn't work for a few weeks and let me go crazy.  Then taught me about having confidence in Him. Now we´re just wanting to work! I love it -- it's so much easier to work this way without comparing myself to others and just working because of my love of the Lord and this gospel! This week is gonna be great!

Another thing I got to do is study a talk given to a mission by some mission president somewhere in the world called the fourth missionary. It's really good!  It talked a lot about how the 4th missionary is the missionary that is obedient and does his work for his love of the work and puts his heart AND mind on the work! And that's something I´ve realized I gotta do better. And I think I'm starting to do that and I´m way happier workin' now! I think that the goal of Satan is for us to forget the "Why"  that we decide to go on a mission or any other thing we do.  As we read the scriptures and go to church, we learn or relearn that "Why." 

I love this gospel!  I came here because of the change it did in my life and the change I know it can put on families. I've seen this message save families and marriages!

Eu Amo Vocês!
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment