50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, September 8, 2014

Great Week!!

Mom, I loved you said about the people wanting to go to the temple. The General Presidency sent out new instructions for us to teach all 5 lessons. So we teach baptisms for the dead before baptisms, but it's really cool because we have them imagine a loved one that they lost and teach them that this loved one has already learned about the gospel and wants to be baptized, but she can't because she's a spirit. Now the person is waiting and watching anxiously to see what decision the investigator will make! It's one of the most powerful things I´ve ever taught here! And it works! Sometimes they´ll have doubts about baptisms for the dead, but there's proof in 1 Peter 3:18-20 or 4:6 also in 1 Corinthians 15:29.

 But ya this week was cool! We did a lot of splits with the young men (mostly Guilherme and Mateus). We tried our best to find more people to teach. We found a few, but not really firm yet... but It was really great going with the youth because I got to see how much I´ve changed and improved! I realized that habits I'd had disappeared. It was a really great experience! I´m also learning a lot about things I need to teach better and stuff like that too! It's crazy, but being District leader my mind has opened up and I´ve been improving in a lot of weaknesses. Like having the courage to correct someone disobedient and correct in a way that they know I´m not trying to have authority over them. Heavenly Father has been helping a lot with that part haha!

 I´m loving it here! We´ve been finding people to teach... and even greater I`m getting to find families! We´ve found 3 families in the past 2 weeks and in the month 5!  Our focus has changed from Baptism to Temple! And thanks to this, we are being blessed with FAMILIES!!

 Man, haha, this church is so true and so great! I love this Gospel and my Savior!

 I LOVE Y'ALL!
Elder Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment