50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, September 15, 2014

Learning Lessons

So  I am learning to be more specific in my prayers haha!  One time we were praying to find more new investigators and we found them, but they were all for the other area (this was my last area).  My Companion and I were like,  "Oh OK, Heavenly Father, we get it... be more specific." He certainly has a sense of humor haha!  After we prayed more specifically we actually started to find more! It's really cool when you think you learn something and you try it, and It actually all works out!

This week was a little stressful. My companion is still recuperating.  We tried to set up with the members for me do some work, but it didn't work out as great this week like last week, so I wound up staying home for 4 of the 7 days and went a little crazy. (I´ve learned don't like to be stuck at home! haha) But I asked for a blessing from my companion. and I realized how much I was mistrusting in God. I was like,  "Wow!  I´ve had so much trust in Him and when things start to look off, I stop."  That's not right, but that the great thing about missions - you go through a lot of tests to see where your weaknesses are and then you WORK on your weaknesses!  After that blessing, I got much better, and I know that everything is going to be all right the end! 

Sadly we'll have to drop Cida and Jenny (the deaf girl).  They aren't progressing so we'll have to let them go and let Heavenly Father prepare them a little longer.

I love the Gospel Principles class, too! In Brazil it sometimes get funny because here almost all of the other churches have a lot yelling and so sometimes they start to yell or they believe in some of the craziest things, but I´ve heard that there was a prophet that said that he learns more from that class then any other class that he went to. It makes sense, because they're not always the same primary answers you know? 

It's really interesting being a District Leader.  I have to plan trainings for my District based on what I see needs to be better and revelation, and I realizing that I´m learning how to give talks or how to do the things that I´ve always been scared of doing! It's so cool to see things I couldn't do before and now I´m doing it every day or week! 

Thanks for the support and the email! I love the counsel, Dad, and I´ve been learning that a lot... the greater the sacrifice, the greater the growth.  It's a little annoying to not have baptisms, but I know that God is preparing something BIG for me - and I cant wait!

But ya It's great! Elder Aguilar should be good on Thursday!

I love y'all,
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment