50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, July 14, 2014

The Work Goes On!

That's awesome about the beach trip, and Jess looks great without her braces!  Thanks for sending the pictures! I loved them.  I´ll probably download them and reveal them?  I think that's the word haha! This week was great.  We sadly had to stay in our house this weekend because of the world cup and so we worked 4 days this week, but we found a new family to teach.  It's really cool he said that one day he said to himself that if he was invited, he´d go to that church (LDS Church) and then My DL and his Comp contacted him- haha!  He´s great!  Sadly, he´s not married but has lived with his Girlfriend for 12 YEARS!! So they´re wanting to get married haha! We found a few outro [other] new pesquisadors [investigators] and sadly had to drop the ones that we had :( We´ll pass their house one more time, but it looks like they´ve got a "friend" that doesn´t like the church too much. But that's alright - we all learned and they have The Book of Mormon in their house, so someone one day in that house will be baptized! 

(answering a question of mine...) So when people tell us we don't need anything else but the bible, I tell them we agree wholeheartedly that the bible is the word of God, but sadly its also been translated A LOT, so it has parts that are of men and is missing other parts that were of God and because of this, we have the Book of Mormon - ANOTHER Testament of Jesus Christ. I like to say that we need both to understand both. Like in Mat. 3:13-18, Jesus says "to fulfill all justice" but what does He mean by that? In 2 Ne. 31 it explains why.  It's common knowledge for us, because we´ve always had the Book of Mormon, but for someone who only has the bible they don't know that. There are other ways to help people understand, but it's all based on the doubt of that person, you know?

I´m doing great! This area is great! It's had a few missionaries that aren't too great, but it really is a great area and ward.  The Youth go out with us almost every day! and The leadership is supporting us a lot. The Hard part is getting people to go to church! and the huge Hills and stairs! but ya i´m loving it here! I don't think I need anything... haha I can never remember when I´m emailing!

I love Y'all!!
Elder Sharp

These pictures came from a new member who is in contact with me.  I asked him what it looked like there, and he sent me these pictures.  He said they are right by his house - thought I'd share them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment