50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, July 28, 2014

Happy Birthday, Elder Sharp!!

Thanks Mom! I´m not sure if I will celebrate today or not,  I didn´t really make a big deal about my b-day for anyone so probably no... but it's cool because today I get P-day and tomorrow I get to go to the Temple! So I´m happy with that!! I cant believe how much has changed in one year!! A mission definitely was and is good for me! 

My new area is really interesting.  I share it with the Zone Leaders, and my companion is District Leader again, so that's really cool! I´m going to learn a lot with them and everyone in our house (6 missionaries) actually want to be obedient, so it is a lot easier to be obedient with them! AND no one is super serious either, so we still have fun and laugh and stuff! It's really weird, though, cause no one in our house is Brazilian! My new Companion is Elder Pina. He's really cool.  He´s from Cabo Verde!  He´s got the cool accent and everything! He´s lives on Ilha de Fogo, which means Island of Fire! He´s really cool and funny! I'm really excited to see how this week will be! 

This week was pretty good with Missionary work.  We did a lot of contacts, but sadly no one wanted to hear our message... but something I´ve learned from studying is that as I work diligently and obediently, God will provide miracles! I´ve seen the miracle of God a lot this week! One, it was really cold and started to rain and Elder Pina looked at me and said,  "Let's pray for this rain to stop."  I said the prayer, and THE RAIN STOPPED!  It really opened my eyes that I really am a representative of Jesus Christ! I love my Savior and I´m honored to have His name on my badge! 

I´ve been learning a lot lately about service and knowledge (Attributes of Christ chptr 6 of Preach My Gospel) And read in D&C 76 that talks about how to gain knowledge, and it was really amazing to see how simple it is learn the "mysteries of God."  I´m super excited for this transfer!  It will be a transfer that I grow the most, and it will have a lot of MIRACLES!  I love you guys thank you for not giving up on me! 

CHIÃO!
Elder Sharp

Elder Matos with me and Cida and Ayuma

Elder Pina and I


1 comment:

  1. I like Elder Sharp's attitude! He can't help but be successful! This grandma is proud of her missionary!

    ReplyDelete