50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

This Week's Letter

Thanks, Mom, I love you too!  I´m doing great.  I´ll admit at the time the rules in the home were annoying and didn´t seem realistic, but it's really how a home should be. I was really blind to that in high school (good satan for ya) and I know that I made a lot of decisions that weren't the best....I think I have felt a part of that here as I see families that have a rebellious son or a less active member I taught that started to drink again -- I really almost cried. So I hope that my siblings follow the example I´m showing now and not the one I set in high school.  I pray that ya´ll are strengthened, and it looks like based on your email, Mom, that my prayers are being answered.

I just want to bear my testimony that I know this Gospel - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints - is true. Jesus Christ really suffered for us more than we can know and because of that suffering we can change our lives for the better. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and powerful. This message really is the reason we have hope for the future and why we can still have joy in our afflictions. I´ve seen people here who had nothing to hope for in the future smile for the first time because of me sharing my testimony. Thank you guys for your love and guidance. I don't know where I´d be if weren't for you... but I know it would be a terrible place.

Mom, for your co-workers ask Heavenly Father to help you see them how He sees them and for help to share a part of the gospel they need and you´ll be amazed at how much your eyes will open! They will look to you for hope and thank you in the future for your light and happiness they have from the gospel. It won't be the first person but keep sharing and someone will feel the Spirit and want to learn more. "Success is to continue trying with the same enthusiasm no matter how many times you fail until you succeed."

Hey - Dustin!  AHHHHH!  STOP GROWING!!

By the way, I get to stay in Embu Gauçu Another transfer!!!! WOOHOO!  It will be 6 month in Embu. I´ve been here the longest of anyone in my district hahaha, AND we go to the temple this transfer!!

I love y´all!
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment