50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, April 14, 2014

Faith

That's awesome that Kody's that focused for football.  That´s really all it is for being good at a sport -  focusing and doing your hardest! I´ve been thinking a lot about that here and about how I was in sports and realized that if I had been more diligent I would´ve been a lot better... Like for how I was for wrestling my senior year. And now I think about here and how I´m doing.  Everyday I´ve started to look back at the day and say, "Have you done your hardest today?"  I´m seeing improvement everyday, too!

This Sunday was testimony meeting and all of the missionaries for that ward bore our testimony (4 companionships).  I was last, so I was praying for help to feel the spirit as I bore it and for the right words to say for that ward.  I started to talk and I realized that the words were super easy to come and I didn´t feel like I had an American accent.  It was really spiritual and for the first time in long time my eyes teared up from something in Portuguese. (It's difficult to feel the Spirit when your translating.) It really helped me realize how far I´ve come from the last testimony meeting! I´m super grateful for that boost in confidence and for my companion Elder D. Silva for correcting my accent! (even after I´d get annoyed with him because of A LOT of correcting)  After the meeting an old man came up to me and congratulated on my Portuguese. It was super awesome for me! 

This week we have a Investigator that actually taught us something about faith. She´s got a son that's been through a lot and during carnival he got stabbed in the side and his lung too! He got to the hospital and was dead and Maria (the mom) couldn't go see him because of work.  She had to work to take care of her other daughters, and she received a call that he was dead. She Immediately went to her knees and prayed that when she went there she could hug her son again and talk to him.  She had a day off the next weekend.  She went to São Paulo, and saw him and he was fine (hurt and not in great shape, but living). They hugged and talked. She was super grateful to God, and said,  "...But I don't want you guys to think I went to God because of my problem. I´ve always loved to pray and Sempre have God with me.(or something like that).  But ya, she´s going to be a great member and will be baptized on Sunday!  She´s quit smoking and said she could never stop for more then 2 days and today will be day 9! She super excited about that, cause she´s already tried to quit lots of times!

That's about it for this week! 

Love you guys and thanks for the package! Tell that lady that she has no idea how much Packages mean for a missionary and that I´m really grateful for her help in getting one here!

Elder Sharp


Here are the pictures from the baptism a couple weeks ago, where the inactive father was contacted and his family joined the church.  
The story can be found HERE:




They drink green milk here! 
(avocado, sugar, water and milk)




Yup - it's good!!  Really sweet and avacodo-y


No comments:

Post a Comment