50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Monday, May 5, 2014

New Pilot Program

This week was pretty good. I´m learning so much from Elder Jesus! I actually have a lot more confidence with talking to people on the street in Portuguese because of him and with the little extra responsibility I got from being the missionary here in Embu-Gauçu.  I´ve learned a lot and improved a lot! 

This week was really awesome.  A family came to church without any help from us! And they loved church!  Sadly, the parents aren´t married yet but they want to! So that's nothing.... we help with that!  

My mission is the pilot for a new program that, if successful, will be used for all the Missions in Brasil! It's basically we spend half of our proselyting time with Members and new members because here in Brazil. It's really bad with members staying active after they´re confirmed a member. So we´re going to teach them how to be member missionaries and have them talk to their friends and family about the church. It's really awesome.  We´re also gonna start using genealogy! (So I´m gonna need the names of great-grandparents and their children, mom, and any cool stories ya´ll have about them:))
Sorry...I tried to send pics but the computer is too slow so they aren't loading fast enough.  I´ll send them next week.

I´ll give you a call Saturday! I have no idea when or where yet.  I think it will be at the bishop's house....I don't know... gotta talk him hahah.  I´ll call on Saturday and give the information in 5 min and then we can talk for an hr on Sunday! Can't wait to see ya´ll!!

Yup that's my week!!
LOVE YA´LL cant wait till sunday!
Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment