50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Day Has Come!

Well, Here it is.  My mission.  Who would've thought I was gonna be here today.  It's crazy to think it was a whole five months since I got my call to serve as a full-time missionary to the Sao Paulo Brazilian people.  And suddenly I'm here, packed, and ready to go.  Some people asked me why I wanted to leave my friends, family and life behind to go on this crazy mission.

I've thought really hard about it, and I have a few reasons.

When I came back on the straight and narrow road, I finally found the happiness I had left to find in the first place.  I want others to feel that same happiness.  Anyone who knows me, knows I love helping people and what better way to help them, by service and spreading this wonderful gospel brought to us in these latter days.  I know that this The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true, and that Joseph Smith was chosen to bring back the the priesthood and the fullness of this gospel.  I know that while on this mission I will have protection and that as long as I listen to what Heavenly Father wants me to do, no harm can come to me no matter how hard anyone tries.  This is my testimony, and I bare it in the Name of Jesus Christ, my Savior and Redeemer, Amen.  --Elder Don Sharp, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment