50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

MTC Week 3

(I told him Tuesdays were now my favorite day of the week....) 

I love Tuesdays too!!  haha  Gives me a time to breathe and sleep!  I'm doin' great! I'm not District Leader anymore because they wanted to spread out that training to other people here, but I guess I did well.  My district loves me and didn't fall apart.  I've been pretty lucky as far as struggle goes.   I'm mean Satan likes to whisper things to make me think I'm never gonna get it or never gonna be worthy cause of my path I took earlier in life, but I say a quick prayer, and it goes away.  I've prayed so much -- like more then I have my entire life!  I don't think I've ever recognized promptings until I got here, and man is that COOL!  Like Sis Bohling says "This gospel ROCKS!" haha. 

I've been reading Jesus the Christ and my patriarchal blessing and can see things happening and ambitions that I have and the end result will be something in my blessing! It's really cool to see! I felt a prompting to watch Legacy on Sunday, and the main character said something that really hit me -  it was "Help God keep His promises"  That's kinda the mind set I've had as I read my blessing. You know, planning for now with the end in mind. It's really nice to have that kind of direction.

Ya, I was so jealous that you guys got to see Bro. Halverson in the Question and Answer thing on Sunday.  I wish I could've been there to hear him one last time. I always learned so much from him! Who did Jess invite and how did that person you invited go?  

I'm teaching two investigators now and this last lesson with one of them I was like "I need to show this investigator this scripture to read and pray about tonight" and I turned right to it!  I knew it was in 3 Nephi, but I didn't know which chapter then BAM - it was there and that was so cool!  My companions were like "Elder, that was the perfect for her!"  It was a super faith booster!!

I had an awesome learning experience with a song.  It was "Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd"  Anyway, I learned about how much God loves the ONE and wishes for them to return to the 90 and 9, and that's essentially what I've been sent here to do... leave the 99 (ya'll) and go after the one (Brazilian brothers and sisters). Three Missionaries got their visas this week.  It's super exciting news -- it gives us all hope for ours!!

That's exciting! about Dad's possible job!!  I've been praying for Dad to get that interview every night and whenever I think about it.  :) I really hope he gets it! 
Love ya'll 
Always thinking of you and prayin for ya'll,
Elder Sharp

PS. I LOVE the package!! thanks!! and I loooove getting letters!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment