50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?
-1 Nephi 17: 50-51

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

MTC Week 1

(I wrote him telling him how awesome it must have been to watch General Conference while in the MTC)  

YES!! It was amazing and It was awesome singing those songs with all those missionaries there haha. I have never taken so many notes in general conference. Ya I learned a lot about being a good husband and treating my wife and daughters with respect. I also, of course, learned that I gotta be humble to teach the gospel and a lot of other cool missionary things. After conference we had a huge devotional where Vocal Point came and sang to us and talked about their missions; it was pretty sweet.  Then after that we listened to a talk that Elder Bednar gave called the Character of Christ. It was Mission changing - like a huge different look on life! He just told us how it was and chastised us - haha. Definitely suggest looking for it is a Christmas MTC devotional.

How was Kody and Julie at the game? (should probably have dad answer about Kody:)) And that's really cool about the Homecoming Queen! I think anyone can email me, I haven't been told anything about that....I'd probably wait to write them back till after the MTC, but feel free to give it out just tell em I may not answer.:)

So I saved the best stuff for last ;) ......I AM DISTRICT LEADER! It's so cool - kinda stressful but I see how it's preparing me for my future (I've been reading my Patriarchal Blessing).  My district is awesome, too. I love them all so much, and they all respect me and want to follow the rules! I had them write goals for us as a district, and we turned them into cool Portuguese ten commandments.  It's pretty legit! I had a Companiero (sorry Portuguese may slip in) his name was Elder __, and he was SO cool and loved him but he got his visa! So he left this morning.  It was really sad, but pretty exciting! I got to give him a blessing to comfort him, and I was so nervous, but it happened and I think it worked haha.  He seemed more at ease so we'll see haha. My voice got sore from talking and singing so much!  

So on Friday we had to teach an investigator....YEA first three days here and we're teaching. Oh, did I mention it had to only be in Portuguese ! haha it was insane! But we did surprisingly well.  We taught her how to pray and committed her to pray every day till we came back then we came back and didn't do very well, but we learned a lot about teaching people not lessons. It was great and I'm so grateful for the gift of tongues.  Thank for the letter, by the way.  It's crazy how much those lift you up.  Feel free to tell people about it :) but not everyone... of course I don't want kids in my district to be jealous....AGH!!  There's soooo much to say so little time to say it in. But my Laundry is done, and I gotta do study, shine shoes, study, sing in choir, and just in case I forgot to study some more haha.  It's ok though my district knows so much about the scriptures especially an elder named Elder Richins. That's like his hobby....any way gotta go 

Love Ya'll,
Elder Don Sharp Jr.

PS:  Oh I forgot to tell you I went to the temple this morning and did initiatories and got answers to my prayers - it was awesome!! I forgot my camera in my residence so I'll send those when I can SORRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment